Montana Medicaid and the HELP Plan are still open for enrollment!
For many Montanans who have been previously ineligible for affordable health coverage, there is a new affordable option: Medicaid expansion and the Montana HELP Plan. Medicaid and the Montana HELP Plan are affordable health insurance plans for low-income Montanans. And you can apply for Medicaid or the HELP Plan at any time throughout the year, not just during open enrollment!
To be eligible for Medicaid expansion or the Montana HELP Plan you must meet the following:
- Montana residents who meet the income guidelines
- Ages 19-64
- Not already enrolled in or able to get Medicare
What does the HELP Plan cover?
- Doctor, hospital, and emergency services
- Prescription drugs
- Dental and vision care
- Laboratory and x-ray services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Rehabilitative services and supplies
- Transportation to appointments
The Montana HELP Plan is affordable!
- Depending on your income, you may be eligible for a plan with no or low monthly premiums.
- The plan requires small co-pays for doctor’s visits, prescriptions drugs, and hospital stays. However, there are no co-pays for preventive services such as health screenings, help to quit smoking, or flu shots.
- No out-of-pocket above 5% of your total household income.
American Indians and Medicaid Expansion
- American Indians qualify for expansion coverage under Montana Medicaid and are not subject to any premiums or copays.
- To qualify for this provisions, you must indicate that you are American Indian on the application. If you missed this on the application, don’t worry because you can update your application at any point so that it reflects that you are of American Indian descent.
Apply now in any of the following ways:
- Meet with a local enrollment assister. With just your zip code, find a list of enrollment assisters who can answer your questions and walk you through the application process. Their help is always free and confidential.
- You enroll on your own at www.HealthCare.gov or over the phone 1-800-318-2596.
- You can also enroll at your local Office of Public Assistance.
If you have any questions about Medicaid expansion and the new Montana HELP Plan, contact a local enrollment assister who can answer questions and walk you through the application process.