Open Enrollment begins on November 1, 2016 and closes on January 31, 2017.
Applying for health insurance coverage is easier is you come prepared! Here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare to apply for the Health Insurance Marketplace, Healthy Montana Kids, or Montana Medicaid.
Open enrollment application checklist:
- Email address and login info: If you are applying online, you’ll need an email address. If you don’t have and email address, you can create one. Online application are generally easier, but you can also apply one the phone. Phone applications don’t require an email.
- Basic information for each member of your household: This includes each person’s full name, contact info, and social security number. Social security numbers are only required for those members of your household who are applying for coverage.
- Income information: You need current monthly income as well as your projected household income for 2017. The application asks for your Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI), which is very similar to you Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). Your income information determines whether you are eligible for Montana Medicaid or Marketplace plan with a tax credit.
- Current health coverage info: This could include coverage through an employer, your spouse’s employer, or a government program.
- List of your doctors and prescription drugs: You need a list of any healthcare providers, doctors, clinics, or hospitals that you would like to be in your heath insurance network. During the plan selection process, you’ll use this list to find a plan network that works for you.
Need more than an application checklist? Don’t worry, local enrollment assistance is available in most Montana communities and it is always free and confidential.
Our local help locator will help you find assistance near you – just enter your zip code.