Back to School is a great time to prepare for the upcoming year and it wouldn’t be complete without health insurance coverage. Health insurance for kids helps parents stay on top of routine health care needs like sports physicals, immunizations, and regular check ups. Insurance also gives parents peace of mind when accidents happen on the playground or on the sports field.
Health Insurance Options for Montana Kids
Healthy Montana Kids is an affordable health insurance option for many Montana families. It is a comprehensive insurance plan and kids can enroll at any time. In order to qualify, families must meet the following:
- A family of 1 must earn less than $$2,584 per month/$31,008 per year
- A family of 2 must earn less than $3,484 per month/$41,808 per year
- A family of 3 must earn less than $4,385 per month/$52,620 per year
- A family of 4 must earn less than $5,285 per month/$63,420 per year
- A family of 5 must earl less than $6,186 per month/$74,232 per year
Healthy Kids Need Healthy Parents
Back to School is a time for everyone to prepare for the year ahead, including parents. Parents have more options than ever before to get access to affordable health insurance coverage through Montana Medicaid and the new Health Insurance Marketplace.
Montana Medicaid – You may have heard that Montana Medicaid expanded and more parents and families are eligible. To be eligible for Medicaid you must be a Montana resident between 19-64 years old, not Medicare eligible, and meet the following income limits:
- A family of 1 must earn less than $1,366 per month/$16,394 per year
- A family of 2 must earn less than $1,842 per month/$22,107 per year
- A family of 3 must earn less than $2,318 per month/$27,820 per year
- A family of 4 must earn less than $2,794 per month/$33,534 per year
- A family of 5 must earl less than $3,270 per month/$39,247 per year
The Health Insurance Marketplace or Healthcare.gov – For families who make too much for Montana Medicaid, the Health Insurance Marketplace may be a great option. Most Montanans who enroll in Marketplace coverage qualify for tax credits that help make their coverage more affordable. You can only enroll in Marketplace coverage during the annual open enrollment period (begins on November 1st,2016) unless you have a life-changing event. Find out more.
Ready to enroll? Check out our Get Covered page on how to enroll in Healthy Montana Kids, Medicaid, or Marketplace plans.
Have questions about adding health insurance to your Back to School checklist, no problem! Local enrollment assisters are ready to help and their assistance is always free and confidential. Find an enrollment assister near you and get covered!