Welcome to Cover Montana – your local resource for information about new affordable health insurance options under the Big Sky
Our mission is simple: to connect you with the information and support you need to select a Montana health insurance plan that meets you health needs and your monthly budget.
Here is how we can help:
- Learn more about Special Enrollment Periods and how to get covered if you missed Open Enrollment. Open Enrollment for 2016 coverage ended on January 31st, but you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if you have any life-changing events during the year. Also, for those who are eligible for Montana Medicaid and the HELP Plan, they can apply at any point throughout the year.
- Get connected to an enrollment assister in your community. Talk with someone who can answer your questions about the new Health Insurance Marketplace, Medicaid, the new Montana HELP Plan, or Healthy Montana Kids. Their assistance is always free and confidential – and they are trained and certified to help!
- Check out the Cover Montana Calendar for a list of outreach and enrollment events across the state.
- Learn the basics. New to health insurance? Check out our Health Insurance Basics page. It explains the new Health Insurance Marketplace plans, what services they cover, and general insurance details like co-pays and provider networks.
- Prepare to apply for health insurance coverage. Read our Get Covered page to learn about the process of choosing a plan that is right for you and enrolling in coverage.
- Get covered! Whether you work with an enrollment assister or decide to apply on your own, Healthcare.gov is where Montanans enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace, Medicaid, or Healthy Montana Kids. Once you have the information and guidance you need, you are ready to enroll.