Open Enrollment is here and we can help!
Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to shop for 2017 insurance coverage and find a Montana health insurance plan that works for your health needs and your monthly budget. Each year you have the opportunity to shop for a new plan for the coming year.
Open Enrollment Q & A:
Q: When is Open Enrollment?
A: Open Enrollment begins on November 1, 2016 and ends on January 31, 2017.
Q: I like my 2016 plan. Do I really need to update my account and shop around for a 2017 plan?
A: Yes! Each year the plans on the Montana Marketplace change including: monthly premiums, plan structures, networks, and out-of-pocket costs. Also, you may have family and income changes that may impact your eligibility for tax credits that help make your coverage more affordable.
Q: I heard that Montana rates went up. How will I be able to afford my insurance coverage?
A: Correct, many Montana plans are more expensive in 2017. However, the majority of Montanans qualify for tax credits that help make their monthly premium more affordable. The majority of Montanans will see their tax credit go up to make up for the rate increases. It is really important to update your application and make sure you are getting the correct tax credit for you and your family.
A: The best way to get insurance coverage that works for your health needs and monthly budget is to go shopping. Each year, insurance premiums, plan structures, provider networks, and out-of-pockets change. Make sure you are shopping around for a 2017 plan!
Q: Are there any important dates for Open Enrollment? A: Yes!
- If you want your 2017 coverage to begin on January 1st, 2017, you’ll need to apply and select a health plan by December 15th, 2016.
- If you enroll between December 16th, 2016 and January 15th, 2017, your coverage will begin on February 1st, 2017.
- If you enroll between January 16th, 2017 and January 31, 2017, your coverage will begin on March 1st, 2017.
Have questions about your Montana health insurance options?
Need help applying? No problem, we can help!
Applying for and selecting a plan can be confusing, especially if you are new to insurance. Don’t worry, we can help! There are more than a hundred enrollment assisters across Montana who are trained, certified, and ready to help! Their help is always free and confidential. Find local help near you. We can help you make sense of new affordable Montana health insurance options.
- Find local help
- See what you qualify for with our simple calculator
- Get ready for open enrollment with this application checklist
- Find a local event in my area
- Learn more about coverage options for American Indians